Tandoori chicken is a classic favourite. Traditionally this dish would be made in a clay oven called a Tandoor. However, we can replicate the effect using an oven or a grill while the Spice Yard Tandoori Spice Blend brings the authentic flavour to our Tandoori Chicken recipe.
- 2 tbsp Tandoori Spice Blend
- 1 kg chicken diced, drumsticks or thighs
- 250 g plain yoghurt
- 2 cloves fresh garlic crushed or chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger around 1cm cube, grated or finely chopped
- chopped fresh corriander
- 1/4 red onion finely sliced
- Score the chicken if using drumsticks or thighs.
- Add the ginger, garlic, 1 tbs of Tandoori spice blend to the yogurt in a glass bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and add the juice of half a lemon.
- Mix well and smother the chicken with the yogurt mixture in the glass bowl.
- Cover the chicken and allow to stand in the fridge for as long as you can, preferably overnight.
- Place in an oven proof dish and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 mins or until the juices run clear.
- Finish off under the grill turning occasionally, to get a char-grilled effect.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and thinly sliced red onion (optional).
Buy the Tandoori Spice Blend for that authentic tandoori flavour.
Tandoori Spice Blend£4.50